Perhaps some of you – like me – are only now looking for inspirational ideas for New Year’s Eve appetizers. It’s not too late, you know. I’ve only just figured out my menu and have done my grocery shopping this morning.
So! I’ve compiled a list of 20 appetizers for you to take a peek at and get some easy inspiration yourself. Many of these are gluten-free, most of these are a cinch to pull together, and all of them are elegant.
With many thanks to all those who allowed me to include their recipes in this roundup, let me present Twenty Elegant Appetizers for New Year’s Eve!
- Cranberry Brie Bites by Kitchen Sanctuary
2. Cranberry Compote with Brie by Thrifty Jinxy
3. Savory Mini Cheese Balls by Mama Likes to Cook
4. Roasted Red Pepper Burrata Crostini by Living Sweet Moment
And if you’re thinking of having a French cheese platter, this next post will give you guidance on what to include, and how to serve, cut and eat the cheese:
5. How to Cut Brie and other French Cheese Etiquette, right here at A Lady in France
6. Gravlax (Smoked Salmon) by Caroline’s Cooking
This next one is the featured photo and probably has you drooling already. I’ll be making this one:
7. Broiled Bacon Wrapped Scallops with Spicy Dip by Kelly Stilwell
8. Two Hors d’Oeuvres – Buttered Radishes and Smoked Salmon on Toast, by A Lady in France
9. Gluten-Free Fried Calamari Rings with Marinara Sauce by A Lady in France
10. Sweet & Sour Ham Balls by Farm Fresh Feasts
11. Jalapeno Poppers (fried in Wantons) by Mommy of a Monster
12. Sausage Cheese Apple Balls by Farm Fresh Eats
13. Black-Eyed Pea Hummus by Mama Likes to Cook
14. Smoked & Fresh Salmon Dip by A Lady in France
15. Eggplant Walnut Dip by Farm Fresh Feasts
16. Cranberry and Goat Cheese Crostini by Two Healthy Kitchens
17. Grilled Polenta with Mozzarella & Balsamic Tomatoes by Two Healthy Kitchens
18. Artichoke Heart with Tapenade and Goat Cheese by A Lady in France
This next one is a crazy version of foie gras, but you can just serve foie gras with fig jam over toast. Yum!
19. Foie Gras Pops by A Lady in France
20. Hummus Deviled Eggs by Two Healthy Kitchens
We’re having about 20 people over and I’ll be cooking up a storm. I’m excited because I’ll be serving a panoply of alcohol-free drinks in festive glasses.
We’ll have alcohol-free champagne, wine, and beer, plus cocktails made of Palermo and Scwhepps tonic water. And the kids will have bubbly cotton candy lemonade (why yes! It does exist!) and something I just found called “Life Addict.” A non-alcoholic bubbly grape juice.
We haven’t forgotten the silly string and silly hats and balloons that say Bonne Fête!
Because it’s going to be a good one, right? Bonne fête, dear friends.