Now that I’ve officially announced everywhere that I won’t be continuing to teach next year so that I can consecrate myself fully to writing (and to my kids, who are growing up), I have all sorts of blogging and book ideas.
For those of you who see “Bible” in the title and are sort of meh over my faith posts, but love the French stuff – don’t worry! I do intend to continue publishing my usual types of posts.
Speaking of all sorts of blogging ideas, in case you missed it, there will be a photo linkup on Wednesdays (that you can participate in either through Instagram or your blog). It’s to get people (aka – me!) off the couch, and the goal is to take a picture of somewhere you went outside of your own home and garden. I will be featuring one participant each week, as long as you use the hashtag and/or include the button.
So this idea has taken hold to put out a call for any questions people might have about Christianity or the Bible, and do a weekly post answering those questions. You can ask me something either in the comment section, on the A Lady in France FB page, or – if you want to remain anonymous – by sending me an e-mail (address in the About page). In any case, I will just use your first name when I post your question.
So. Who am I to answer questions about the Bible?
Well. No one really.
But the Bible does say in Romans 15:14 ‘I myself am convinced, my brothers and sisters, that you yourselves are full of goodness, filled with knowledge and competent to instruct one another.’ And I have 20 years of reading the Bible, studying the Bible, teaching the Bible, and (more importantly) putting it into practice.
What can you expect from my answers?
– that I will pray before responding
– that if I don’t know the answer I will tell you, or will seek guidance from people whose life and doctrine I trust
– that my life will match my doctrine (and that I’m being open with the people in my life)
– that I’ll be open to correction in the comments section (and if I am convinced Biblically that I am in error, that I will correct my post).
– that if I feel like I’m starting to go beyond what is written or get in over my head, I will stop the series.
So that’s what you can expect from me. But what about you? Do any of you have questions? Or is this series doomed to fizzle before it takes off? 😉