This is Part Two of our Disney Day. For Part One read here.
And 35 minutes later . . .
Following that, we decided to go straight for Star Tours.
That was a lot of fun. For the uninitiated, it’s one of those rides where you stare at a movie screen showing outer space, and the “rocket” moves as if you’re really flying. I laughed the entire ride. (I also had a Petit Prince tightly gripping my hand, but determined to enjoy it).
And following that we went to Small World.
Oh, and then we figured we may as well do Alice’s labyrinth so we did.
And then we took the “steam” train
(and got choked by the diesel smell since we chose to sit in front). It was starting to get dark by the time we got off at Frontier Land, and the rickety wooden saloon area that we’d once had all to ourselves was starting to close so we couldn’t get in.
And even though it was drizzling and cold, it looked as though the Pirate’s of the Carribean ride wasn’t a very long wait, so we did that. It was kind of fun to wait in the passages as it grew dark. And the kids loved the ride.
From there we felt that our day was a crowning success and we deserved to go home. We traipsed through Main Street and got stuck at one of the crosswalks because of the parade. So we were “forced” to watch that.
There the kids ate their sandwiches and fell fast asleep while we inched our way through traffic.
Yes I complained a lot, and made fun a lot, but there’s a reason parents put up with Disney.
- Child-Like Heart
- Second Mortgage on your Home
- Order and print your tickets online to prevent a wait and arrive right at ten.
- Go immediately to Buzz LightYear and do that.
- Head to Sleeping Beauty Castle and take pictures/Look around.
- Do the carousel.
- Get a fast pass for Peter Pan.
- Eat lunch.
- Do Peter Pan
- Get a fast pass for Star Tour (back near Buzz), or do the ride straight.
- If you can't go straight on Star Tour without needing a fast pass, do Nautilus.
- Walk back through the castle and go on the Casey Junior Train.
- Go through Alice's Maze.
- Take the steam train to Frontier Village.
- Get a Fast Pass for Pirates of Caribbean.
- Visit the Woody's village. (Then bathroom break)
- Visit the Pirate Ship and/or Adventure Island with the rope bridges.
- Go on Pirates of the Caribbean if you have time.
- Go to Main Street and get dinner there (or bring sandwiches).
- Buy the obligatory exorbitantly priced toy (this is a direct quote from another mom).
- Go home and collapse.